LEAF is an eminent candidate as a bandwidth manager. As a member of the
lartc list, I came across this posting. Interesting for status reporting
of bandwidth usage class wise. Would be a good add-on to LEAF. I do not
know if recompiles are required. I'm not a developer and know very
little of this. Can someone examine its portability to LEAF please?

Bye
Mohan

Mail from on lartc mailing list: Ming-Ching Tiew [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
I have upload my files to the following web
site, locations as follows :-

http://geocities.com/mctiew/ffw/ffwgrapher0.88.zip
http://geocities.com/mctiew/ffw/fwstat-0.88.tar.gz

The first is the VB program and the later is
the server program.

The server program should be fairly plug-and-play.
The client program too. However, because I am not
using an installer( the installer package is 12MB,
so I refused to used it ! ), you may find missing
files which causes it unable to run.

Regards.

Mail from on lartc mailing list: Ming-Ching Tiew [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
I am just written ( I won't say completed !) a
program which performs traffic read operation.
It is a VB client program talking to a C TCP
socket server. Everything is based on scripting,
so it could be flaky right now, so you might
have to be patient :-) The server has been tested
running on my Linux 2.4.20 machine.

The VB GUI program charts the traffic data on per
interface and per-class/qdisc basis. It also
displays the class/qdisc relationship in a
hierarchical (GUI) tree diagram. The intention is
for you to determine how effective is your
class/qdisc.

The server is pure C ( without any other fancy
libraries ) to reduce the footprint because my
intention is to let it run on a floppy-based
NAT firewall/router, which I have tested against
floppyfw ( http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/ ).

I will be enhancing it in the future to allow service-by-service traffic
charting, based on iptables' traffic counter.

Any interest parties could mail to me and we shall
see how thing goes.

Regards.