Did you try upgrading your card's firmware? What firmware do you use currently? What is the chipset - Prism2, Prism2.5?

Something like this might happen during big load, especially with small packets. Unfortunately almost all 802.11b chipsets (ADM8211 is an exception) uses PIO which is very CPU-inefficient. Under big load everything gets really nasty (like lost interrupts) and I saw some similar problems with Cisco 350 cards.

wispdist wrote:
On another subject.... from time to time one of the radio cards stops
responding resulting in an error msg that fills the /var/log/messages file

the error msg contains: "kernel: netcs1: prism2_interrupt: hw not ready;
skipping events 0x0000"

This only happens with a card in AP mode and only when I am using both
pcmcia slots ( 2-slot soekris boards )

I wrote a monitoring script that checks the /var/log/messages file once per
minute for this error msg "prism2_interrupt: hw not ready; skipping events"
and does the following if it is found

cardctl suspend
sleep 1
cardctl resume
sleep 1

sleep 10
echo . > /var/log/messages

this last line clears the log file so this monitoring script does not go
into a loop.

This power-cycles the radio cards and everything starts working again.  This
without having to reboot the unit.

J.

--
Best Regards,