Le Mercredi 4 Juin 2003 03:59, Lynn Avants a écrit :
> On Tuesday 03 June 2003 09:18 pm, Steve Wright wrote:
> > <sigh>  this isn't working.  What am I missing ?
>
> [...]
>
> > wisprouter: -root-
> > # modprobe ppp_deflate
> > insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.20: No such file or directory
> > Using /modules/ppp_deflate.o
> > insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflateInit2_
> > insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflate_workspacesize
> > insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflate
> > insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflateReset
> > insmod: unresolved symbol zlib_deflateEnd
>
> Ummmm.... zlib.lrp (http://leaf.sf.net/devel/jnilo)
No. From Bering (1.1 onward) /etc/modules file:
<snip>
# Modules needed for PPP connection
#slhc
#ppp_generic
#ppp_async
# The three following modules are not always needed
#zlib_inflate
#zlib_deflate
#ppp_deflate
</snip>

Since kernel 2.4.20 ppp_deflate depends on zlib_inflate and deflate modules
available here:
http://leaf.sf.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/modules/2.4.20/kernel/lib/
add then to /lib/modules, declare them in /etc/modules and that will fix your
pb.
> [...]
>
> > hmmm, try using the rp module instead of kernel mode..
> >
> > pppd[2605]: /etc/ppp/plugins/rp-pppoe.so: undefined symbol: remote_number
> >
> > grrr, that's equally broken.
>
> Ummm.... no (recent) rp-pppoe package for Bering, the kernel pppoe is
> what is normally used anymore.
the pppoe plugin provided in pppoe.lrp should work.

Jacques