On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:14:45 +0100 Julian Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote....

> Hi Homer
>
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:55:04 -0500, Homer Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
>
> >     Bering 1.2, Tekram P6B40-A4X motherboard gives me this during boot
> >     up:
> >
> > PIIX4: detected shipset, but driver not compiled in!
> >

> That's nothing to worry about.  PIIX4 is the IDE chipset on your
> motherboard.  With Linux, support for things like this can either be
> incorporated when the kernel is compiled, or added later by loading
> additional kernel modules.
>
> Support for IDE isn't compiled into Bering's stock kernel, because it's
> not always needed.

        Ok... That I understand, but I'm running from compact flash.. Put that
compact flash in another system with an ALI chipset, and did not get the
warning.. It loaded just fine... Why the difference?

---
Homer Parker                  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
                              \ / No HTML/RTF in email
http://www.homershut.net       x  No Word docs in email
telnet://bbs.homershut.net    / \ Respect for open standards

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.