Sorry if this is a double post.

Hi all;
I find the leaf project very interesting. I would like to set up a two interface box and then eventually migrate to a 3 interface setup. My goal is to replace a windows proxy machine and have control over port forwarding/firewalling.
I'm using a cisco 800 router (from my wireless internet company) that I see internally as 192.168.201.200 . It can be configured to block/forward ports to internal machines. My subnet is 192.168.201.0(255.255.255.0) and the 192.168.201.200 is the default gateway. I want to forward all ports from the router to the bering/shorewall. From the leaf box then forward web and ssh to different machines. Because this is my first attempt using leaf I'm trying to do all testing offline. I'm trying to simulate external access using a machine connected via a cross-over cable connected to eth0 and eth1 connected to my internal network. I configured shorewall to forward web and ssh to 192.168.201.248 (linuxserver). eth1 ip addr is 192.168.201.161 and eth0 is 192.168.1.160 . Changed linuxserver gw to 192.168.201.161 . Configured "external" machine as 192.168.1.242 . linuxserver can ping leaf box, leaf box can ping both linuxserver and ext machine , ext machine can ping leaf box but if I open a web or ssh session in the ext machine to ip 192.168.1.160 it wont get forwarded to the linuxserver.
Can it be tested this way ? I have read a lot of documentation but I'm still a little confused. Any pointers would be appreciated. If this setup is right for testing let me know and I will include the conf files of the leaf box.
Thanks to all