If it is a question of interface not coming up, why not put the commands in
if-up and in rmnologon in /etc/init.d, add the "svi networking restart"?

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Erich Titl
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 1:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] followup to interfaces / shorewall assist

Greg

At 18:14 27.07.2003, Greg Playle wrote:
>Tom, Steve and George:
>         Thank you; the information you gave was helpful.
>         I checked a bit more; in short, eth0 does not come up on boot,
> but seems
>to take a while--perhaps longer than Erich Titl's script allows.  I've got
>to check more on the script, as I'm not sure it delays as long as needed.
>         Restarting networking, esp eth0, brings it up fine, and then I can
>manually launch dhcpd, after which all responds as it should.  I'm able to
>ping the eth0 address (192.168.1.254) both from itself and from another
>machine (which obtained its IP from the dhcp server).
>         What I'd like to accomplish is having this all come up without
> having to
>manually restart eth0 and dhcpd.
>         What I think is going on is that the version of Erich's script
> I'm using
>doesn't wait 60 seconds, but runs to completion in about one second, so
>eth0 is still not "up" before the boot process continues.  Since eth0 isn't
>yet up, networking, therefore dhcpd, don't work either.  By the time boot
>completes, eth0 is up, and manual restart of networking on eth0 and on
>dhcpd work.

I guess you must have modified the assert script as it is written for 2
interfaces and would run at a wrong init level.
I believe it does not run in your case for some reason difficult to
diagnose unless you tell us more about the way you implemented it.
I am pretty certain your problems stem from the interface not being up and
the assert script failing for some reason.
It does not have a backup routine, so it would be saved by etc I guess. So
here is the stupid question, did you back it up?

regards

Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16