Hi,

Dave, have you used pcengines embedded PCs ?

I'm keen on http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm but they
seem to be out of stock/production..
If you're going to import it anyway (I'm inferring that from your email address), you could also have a look at www.soekris.com - the Net4801 is a bit more expensive than the pcengines board, but only marginally so (considering the extra features you get - like a second COM port plus a third ethernet port).
The Net4801 still needs a kernel patch to boot linux, but its been solid apart from that during all my tests. I have several Net4501 units running without a single problem (they're great units, unless you need a lot of CPU power - like for IPSEC or something like that)

By the way - I don't don't have any kind of affiliation with soekris, other than being a happy customer (I looked at the pcengines board too, but I don't really like to order stuff labeled as "Alpha status").

Martin