Greetings !

It looks like the same behaviour (link never goes down due to "sporadic"
incoming traffic that resets the haptimeout value) happens to the ISDN
interface that uses ipppd and not pppd.

There is a patch available from http://trash.net/~kaber/ippp-filter/  that
adds active_filter support for the ippd.Has anybody tried it ?
(The isdn.lrp does not seem to have the patch )

I have just downloaded the kernel ,module and isdnutils sources and i will
try to build the patched ipppd tonight
I haven't done any development for Bering (or any other LEAF) so if anyone
with ISDN and development  experience want to lend a hand please feel free
;-)

Stelios

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 14:30, Alex Rhomberg a écrit :
> > Looking at Jacques current config file, I would say it is enabled
> > CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
> > CONFIG_FILTER=y
> > CONFIG_PPP_FILTER=y
>
> Is it also in the pppd? I did a grep on the binary (strings
/sbin/pppd|grep
> filter) and it didn't show up. So maybe Michelle just needs a new pppd
> Of course, she' best first try just to use active-filter :-)
It is enable and special version of pppd is available. Check the doc !
Section 11.11 on ppp.lrp:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/guide/bipack1.html
and the README here:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/bering/latest/packages/pppd/