Francois

Interesting, only I am puzzled by the fact that you have to run this from cron.
I am currently listening on the freeswan list and found something which might interest you:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I've never had this difficulty. I've lost 'net connectivity over my pppoe
connection thanks to a common difficulty: when pppoe disconnects/reconnects,
the ppp0 interface goes away and comes back. As a result, the virtual device
(ipsec0) becomes disconnected and needs to be re-attached. Plus, I've seen
issues with the default gateway route going away.

Sounds complex, but the fix is simple. Here's a link to my copy of
/etc/ppp/ip-up.local. Note that you may need to alter the interface names
(ppp0/ipsec0) and the IP address of your default gateway, if this turns out
to be useful to you.

http://raven.crowgirl.com/ip-up.local
</[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Erich