ALParada wrote:
Hello,

I am having a problem connecting to weblet. If I leave the hosts.allow
file at ALL: 192.168.63.0/255.255.255.0 it will work. If I change it to
just a host and not a subnet it fails. The smallest subnet I have been
able to use successfully is a /28. Everything smaller fails. I have
changed the weblet config file with the right IP address, I have added
the rules for shorewall to allow port 80 from loc, and inetd is
uncommented for www. Like I said with a /24 subnet it works. SSH is
working correctly from a single host and the config for www is the same.
Telnet is also not working, period. Again the config is the same for
SSH. Is there something I'm missing?

Post back to the list if the info in previous e-mails doesn't get weblet working for you.

I also read something about bandwidth meter of sorts but can't find it.
Is this something that is not included in the default package?

The bandwidth meter consists of a very simple script (or a tiny C program for a few more features) on the firewall side, and a largish (considering floppy size constraints) java application that runs on the client side (web browser running on an internal machine).

I've not worked with bering enough to know what's packaged by default, but probably the firewall-side stuff is setup as part of weblet, but the java applet is not included to save space. If this is the case, you can either add the applet to your firewall (if you have space), or just copy it directly to your local system.

Details on installing and running the bandwidth monitor (and any pieces you need but don't have) can be found on the lrpStat page:
http://www.leaf-project.org/devel/hejl/

It also looks like the bering guide refers you to my weblet page for additional documentation:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/cstein/Packages/weblet.htm

--
Charles Steinkuehler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. SourceForge.net hosts over 70,000 Open Source Projects. See the people who have HELPED US provide better services: Click here: http://sourceforge.net/supporters.php ------------------------------------------------------------------------ leaf-user mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/leaf-user SR FAQ: http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html