Folks, I have just about everything up and running.  I'd like to thank
everyone for their input thus far.

Just minor issues:

Since my net connection is dialup, Shorewall chokes on the
ppp0    ipsec0
line in my masq file, since the ppp connection isn't up at boot time.  Can
someone help with the equivalent iptables command to place in my pppd
ip-up script?

Secondly, I can't seem to access the weblet from the ipsec'd laptop.  I
allowed the new subnet in the weblet config file, and let the vpn access
the weblet in the Shorewall rules.  Still no joy.  Any ideas?

Again, infinite gratitude.

:Max