> Can someone tell me where I should put a static route so that it
> survives a
> reboot ?
> I have a subnet in the internal network - all works fine with Shorewall &
> masquerading but I am not familiar enough with this Linux to know the best
> place to put my "route add..." staement.

You can put it in /etc/network/interfaces:
An example I use:
iface eth0 inet static
        address 1.2.2.1
        masklen 32
#       gateway 10.0.1.1
        up ip addr add 10.0.1.2/24 dev eth0 scope link label eth0:isp
        up ip route replace default via 10.0.1.1 dev eth0 src 1.2.2.1

This has a public interface on the LEAF box, but the gateway to the internet
is 10.0.1.1

- ALex