I'm setting up LEAF (Bering uClib 2.0) for a new condo with
in-the-wall ethernet and lots of tech-savvy visitors some of whom run
virus hosts from Redmond.  I want vistors to be able to plug their
laptops into any jack in the wall, including jacks that may be used by
members of the household.  But I don't want to allow them the same
priveleges as "known" hosts, esp. access to other hosts on the LAN.

Basically, I want to offer DHCP leases on eth1, and if the MAC address
is unknown to put it in an effective dmz that's only allowed access to
the WAN via eth0.  This would be trivial to do if I had an eth2, but
there's only one jack at each location so I can't just add a new NIC.

I'd also like to refuse connections to static IP addresses that happen
to be in the right range so that folks have to go through dhcp.

Is this possible using Bering?  Any suggestions where to start reading
on how to set it up?  The hardware in this case is a Soekris box (boot
medium is a CF card), so I'm not limited to a floppy-based distro; but
I use Bering everywhere else and want to keep things compatible.

Thanks,

--Eric House