Hi!

I use an old (shame on me) version of Shorewall 1.4.3a

Everything is out of the box to make MSN Messenger work.
I had version 4.? before and now I use 6.1 .
All in-between versions worked OK.

No special setup like http or sock proxy.

One thing though, you might be fooled by your ISP if they
use some kind of transparent proxies...

Just try it out with someone that you are sure it works.

Luis Correia
Bering uClibc Team Member

PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6