Ryan Rich wrote:

I am curious what other methods will work for what I am trying to do if there are indeed no "who-has" requests being made on the network. Is the kernel in Bering uClibc compiled with the necessary patches to use the bridging features of shorewall?

If the appropriate arp requests are not showing up on your network, you have a basic configuration problem. There should be no need to work around the missing requests, rather you would fix whatever configuration error is causing the requests to never be generated in the first place.

--
Charles Steinkuehler