From: Victor McAllister [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 8:43 PM
To: Joe Nelson
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] Dropbear

Joe Nelson wrote:

I seem to be missing the scp binary in my particular dropbear.lrp. I'm using version 0.38 of dropbear. Any ideas on what to do? Is it as simple as grabbing a new lrp for dropbear or would I have to replace keys, etc?

Thanks.

dropbear has scp client built in. I use winscp3 to move files back and forth. The version on the latest uClibc is 0.43 Rev 2.

just copy the keys somewhere such as /tmp in the event they are overwriten - my guess is they would not be. If they are not there after installing the newer version: "lrpkg - i dropbear" - then copy them back before doing a backup.

/etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key

/etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_hostkey_key

that way it will work with the same keys