Rick

Tibbs, Richard wrote:

Dear list. Although I have a p2p tunnel up between linux, and WinXP started, there
are some strange things happening. I have segments of configs and log
files for each system. It looks like this:
WINXP ---WLAN----Bering 2.4.20 firewall+openvpn ----DSLmodem ---
Internet
192.168.1.3 192.168.1.254

The symptom is that I cannot access any web page over the wireless while
openvpn on either firewall or xp is up. The route tables look right to
me, see below. But the log files on the firewall show some UDP
operations fail.

Can you access _any_ remote machines. Can you access the Bering box through the tunnel?

I have followed shorewall guide for openvpn and and have policy to allow
Openvpn zone to and from the loc zone.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Have a look into the logfiles for denied messages

cheers
Erich