On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 12:32, Terry Erickson wrote:
>    Now I want to learn about how to test how secure my setup is. Any
> suggestions? I know next to nothing technically about network security;
> I just barely made it through installing Bering uClibc here but I'm
> relatively confident I did it right, thanks to the good documentation.
> Still there's no reason why I shouldn't make sure.

Terry,
Install Nessus, and test away. There are on-line services too, but they
usually want money to test you external connection thoroughly.

Nessus
http://www.nessus.org/

Security Scanning
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Security/Internet/Services/Security_Scanning/

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects: ffl, leaf, phpwebsite, phpwebsite-comm, sitedocs