Huy Bui wrote:
> Firstly I don't think your bering does not know the route to the
> Netgear. So it try to route anything for 192.168.2.0/24 through the
> default gateway which is eth0.
> Secondly your game PC is behind the netgear so it's is probalby being
> NATed by the netgear.
> I don't know much about the Netgear set up so you have to see if it can
> be set up as a 2 way router and then add a route on your bering to route
> anything for 192.168.2 to 192.168.1.4
>
> i.e     ip route add 192.168.2.0/24 via 192.168.1.2 dev eth1
> hope this help

The Shorewall:FORWARD:REJECT messages are occuring because traffic
coming in on eth0 is being routed back out eth0 as Huy describes (and as
I hinted in my previous message). Like Huy, I'm skeptical as to whether
the Netgear is going to be able to accomodate what is being attempted
here. It might be necessary for the Shorewall box to forward game
traffic to 192.168.1.2 (The netgear) then configure the Netgear to
forward it to 192.168.2.3.

-Tom
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]