Eric Spakman wrote:
But pppd/pppoe is logging
to /var/log/ppp.log, did you also looked at that one?
My ppp.log is always empty. All logging that I can find is located in daemon.log.

(I've got an old ppp.log that had "chat" entries from a modem connection but /pppd/, in all cases, seems to log to daemon.log).

Instead of adding the "rp_pppoe_verbose 1" option to your interfaces file
you can also try to set it as an argument in your "dsl-provider" script,
like:

plugin /usr/lib/pppd/rp-pppoe.so rp_pppoe_verbose 1
No success. The pppoe plugin's startup msg comes up but I get no connection and the ppp process seems to self-terminate.

Thanks for the things to try.

scott; canada
Eric