[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Since I have had my Linux manhood totally squashed under the seemingly simple
> task of geting Bering up on a PC Engines WRAP 1c and after two weeks of
> effort,  I'm now prepared to offer a $50 US bounty via paypal or direct
> mailed check to the first person who can provide a working config/image  that
> meets the following requirements.
>
> 1) fits on 128 meg CF
> 2) boots to a serial console from CF
> 3) ethernet works and gains a DHCP address
> 4) SSH server up and accepting connections
> 5) configurable from serial port
> 6) configurable from http
> 7) the WRAP1c module should be loaded as well
> 8) watchdog needs to be working as well.
>
> Additional applications that need to be working but not on the initial load.
> Leaf.cfg should not have these lrp files but they should be present on the
> image.  However, adding these to the LRP= list should not break the boot
> configuration.
>
> Dropbear firewall
> OpenVPN
> Snort
>

> I will use the time stamp on the email responses to this address ([EMAIL
> PROTECTED]) to determine the first person to respond.  Responses sent to the
> leaf-user list will NOT qualify.  Additionally, in order for the response to
> qualify, it must include a working email contact as well as a working image.
> Images will be tested in the order received.  The first image that works gets
> the $50.
>
> If you are first in line (again, determined by the email time stamp) and
> provide an image that either does not work, or generates errors, you will be
> given 1 and only 1 chance to fix the image.  I will provide a Hyperterm
> output and allow you 24 hrs to fix.  If not fixed in that time, I make the
> determination that the image does not meet the requirements will move to the
> next person.  After I have a working image, I will inform all others on my
> email list of responders that I have received the image and will notify this
> list as well.
>
> Any special instructions for configuration / passwords should be provided as
> well.  The intent should be for me to format the CF, run syslinux and copy
> over the .lrp packages and pop the CF in and have it work.  I have already
> gone through about 20 different conflicting or partial documents and have
> reached my frustration point.
>
> Thank you,
> David Lott

I recommend this method.

I set everything up on an ide CF in a spare computer that has a
keyboard.  I use a single Netgear FA311 pci card which uses the same
modules as the WRAP so that I can verify that I am using the nic
modules.  I use a KVM switch so I can copy settings from the running
firewall.  I setup the network, dyndns, copy the host files in for
dropbear, setup shorewall - everything except the serial console and the
watchdog.  When everything is all configured, I change the watchdog,
serial console and backup.  I just plug in  the new CF into the WRAP and
this works every time.  It also means the firewall is only down for a
few minutes during the CF swap out.

I recently built a CF for Bering uClibc 3.0 b2 for my WRAP 1C2.
Hopefully this is the last time I will do this as 3.0 can update
packages on the fly.