Hi;

first of all we are talking about less than two minutes offline, don´t know if
that is enough to be justify a long lasting investigation...

Am Dienstag 24 Oktober 2006 17:35 schrieb Bob von Knobloch:
> Dear LEAF forum,
>
> This is a little (not much) off topic but I think the right people are
> on this forum.
> I use LEAF to connect to the german T-DSL service and, as usual, I get a
> disconnect every 24 hours.
> While installing a new T-COM DSL-Router for a friend, I observed that it
> was possible to set up a time window when the compulsory IP change would
> take place. (It's always in the middle of my day - night would be better).
> Does anyone know how this works and if the pppoe client can be
> programmed to achieve this?
> A simple disconnect/reconnect does not change the time, it stays at (for
> me) around 10:00.
> I could find no information at rp-ppoe.

I am not aware of an option in pppoe to reset the connection time at the other
end.

I´m running the same DSL service as you do since the service has been started.
To my best knowledge and my experience - the 24 hrs starts with the connect.
Sometimes it has been less than 24 hrs -  due to a power outage on my side,
sometimes related to any pb by the ISP (Telekom). And being an active
developer if Bering-uClibc I reboot my router a few times in a week. The time
of the 24hrs disconnection changed definitely.

just think from the point of view as a casual user (who is not online
24/7/365) - he connects and he shall not disconnected for 24 hrs - that´s
what he buyed.
This will work for you as well.  Connect and you are 24hrs online (if nothing
goes wrong).

I guess I can add something similar as in the Telekom DSL router for a LEAF
box with a cron job disconnecting and reconnecting a minute later (at least
enough time, that the disconnection is recognized remotely).

This will works 360 days a year, and you won´t notice the failing 5 days.
That´s how I would have done it as Telekom employee.
It´s so easy to look good. And by the time it is detected as a trick, I will
be one of the 20.000 dismissed workers.

kp