Brent Gardner wrote:
> I have a machine running Bering-uClibc v3.0.2.  The machine runs
> dnscache to provide name resolution for a group of machines.  The
> machine also runs tinydns to provide DNS information about a local
> domain called corp.local.
>
> In order to get dnscache to serve information about the corp.local
> domain I have to enter these commands after every boot:
>
>   echo 127.0.0.1 > /etc/dnscache/root/servers/local
>   svi dnscache restart
>

> I noticed there's a file called @ in /etc/dnscache/root/servers.  This
> file exists after every reboot.  The file is not listed in
> /var/lib/lrpkg/dnscache.list although /etc/dnscache/root/servers is.
>
> I'm not fully familiar with how the backup process works in LEAF
> Bering-uClibc.  I don't know if the /etc/dnscache/root/servers item in
> dnscache.list means 'backup the object called
> /etc/dnscache/root/servers' or 'backup the object and everything it
> contains'.  If the latter then I'm curious as to why my
> /etc/dnscache/root/servers/local file isn't there after a reboot.  If it
> put /etc/dnscache/root/servers/local in dnscache.list the file still
> does not get backed up.
>
> If I dissect the configdb.lrp or dnscache.lrp files the @ file does not
> exist in either of them so I suspect it's being generated by dnscache or
> daemontools after booting.  I'm still researching that, but if this is
> the case does anyone know how I can cause an arbitrary file to be
> auto-generated in /etc/dnscache/root/servers with specific content?
>
> The contents of /etc/dnscache/root/servers/@ match the contents of
> /etc/dnscache/env/DNS1
>

> Thanks.
>
> Brent Gardner

LEAF file system is in RAM. The boot media is only used for loading up
the RAM and for saving changes in configuration.

The easiest way to keep specific scripts or files through a reboot is to
add them to local.lrp.
You can list files in any directory, AFAIK.
for example my /var/lib/lrpkg/local.local lists three files I put in
/usr/sbin.
They are saved in local.lrp and restored during reboot as long as
local.lrp is in the load list.

var/lib/lrpkg/local.local
/usr/sbin/rm-ide
/usr/sbin/load-ide