On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 22:05 +0200, gor...@q-ry.nl wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 10:52 -0700, Mike Noyes wrote:
> >> Gordon,
> >> I believe this will change markedly as netbooks/mini-notebooks enter the
> >> used computer market in significant numbers.
> >
> > Example:
> > http://www.geeks.com/products_sc.asp?cat=1208
>
> If I had to buy a box specifically for hosting Bering, I'd think more of
> something like the Cherry Pal.

Gordon,
I looking for an equivalent to the used 486 market. Ubiquitous and cheap
to free when used. I think the netbook/mini-notebook with Intel Atom
processor will fit this mold.

My main concern is the installed Wi-Fi (drivers & access point mode).
The other thing that concerns me is disabling suspend etc., when the lid
is closed.

> The thing about these boxes however is that you can only add hardware
>  by plugging in USB devices. So how many USB network devices are
>  actually supported? And what kind of conflicts could rise if I'd
>  connect multiple NICs through a USB hub?

I'm not sure. I thought most of this was taken care of in the early days
of usbnet.

        http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
SF.net Projects:  leaf, sourceforge/sitedocs