I am using Bering 3.1 which has been running without fail for over a
year. I had a static IP and recently changed to dhcp. I purged all
record of the old address in /etc/network/interfaces, added dhcp on
eth0. Then I shut off the router so it would reboot with no remembrance
of temporary files. Yet dhcpcd rejects the address proffered by my isp
(A.B.C.D) because it requested my old address which was in a different
network.

My old static Ip address was W.X.Y.Z

dhcpcd[662]: broadcasting DHCP_REQUEST for W.X.Y.Z (old address)
dhcpcd[662]: dhcpIPaddrLeaseTime=86400 in DHCP server response.
dhcpcd[662]: dhcpT1value is missing in DHCP server response. Assuming
43200 sec
dhcpcd[662]: dhcpT2value is missing in DHCP server response. Assuming
75600 sec
dhcpcd[662]: DHCP_ACK received from  (A.B.C.D)

I continue to operate with the old address. The only record I find for
he old address is in /var/lib/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.info  With a shutdown
and reboot, everything in /var should be lost.

How do I get dhcpcd to accept the address offered by my isp and forget
the old address.

Victor