On 1/20/2011 5:38 PM, Trev Peterson wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm interested in testing the 4.0 betas on wrap pc boards but want to
> make sure I don't waste/duplicate work already done.  I see the ide
> drivers for the wrap are not in beta1 but are marked for inclusion in
> beta2.  As such I have the following questions:
>
> 1. Have the wrap pc ide modules already been compiled and committed in
> beta2 ?
> 2. Do we have an eta on beta2?
> 3. How do we provide changes to help the beta?  The developer guide
> shows how to build from source but I didn't see anyway of sharing that
> so we all don't have to keep repeating the process.
>
> I'm looking forward to trying this out on the wrap boxes (I have a
> number of the deployed).  Just curious how to contribute.  Thanks,

I have tested Beta 1 on a spare WRAP and Soekris board (both use the
same processor model). I used an image supplied by David M Brooke. The
regular beta 1 does not boot up on WRAP / Soekris because it does not
contain the proper modules for those boards.

I have not put the boxes into production yet - am awaiting betas 2, but
everything boots up, is configurable etc.

Victor