Thanks kp and Juergen for responding.

kp wrote:

>Have you tried to add
>usb_wait=3
>the APPEND line in syslinux.cfg?

Yes, but no luck. I should add that I *did* successfully upgrade an older and
much slower Soekris net4801 box to 5.1 with no problems. So I am not surprised
that usb wait=3 didn't help on the much faster net6501. The reason I retired
the net4801 as my router is a switched from slow DSL to 100mbs comcast, and the
4801 could not keep up. I am using the 4801 now as a tiny public web server in
a DMZ.

Responding to Jurgen:

You surmised correctly that I started with
Bering-uClibc_5.1_x86_64_syslinux_vga.tar.gz and modified syslinux.cfg for
serial. I tried adding some of the same append options that you did with no
luck. By current syslinux.cfg is:

SERIAL 0 19200
DISPLAY syslinux.dpy

TIMEOUT 0
APPEND reboot=bios usb_wait=3 console=ttyS0,19200n8 VERBOSE=1
intel_idle.max_cstate=0 processor.max_cstate=1
DEFAULT /syslinux/linux initrd=/initrd.lrp,/initmod.lrp rw root=/dev/ram0
LEAFCFG=/dev/sda1:vfat

One question though. Unlike Jurgen, I started with my configdb.lrp from my
successful Leaf 5.0.4 installation. Should I have started with a stock
configdb.lrp? I took a similar approach of using my previous configdb.lrp with
my net4801 upgrade and had no problems.

Any other suggestions appreciated. I wonder if I am missing a module that I was
somehow picking up with 5.0.4, and if I should manually inspect the modules I
am using with 5.0.4 and see if I can add them to 5.1.

Thanks much.