On 28/03/16 15:42, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
> HI Bob;
<snip>
>> The 7272 doesn't mention PPPOE pass-through, but it does allow it's WAN
>> port to do IP , so I could (later) put the Fritz behind the LEAF, acting
>> solely as a VOIP interface.
>
> Tis won't work, as you'll need a VDSL modem to connect your LEAF box via VDSL
> to WAN.

  Yes, I have got one ready, just in case.

> There are pure VDSL modems as I mentioned some weeks ago, but it seems you
> have made your choice to still use ISDN instead pure VOIP and choosed the
> Fritzbox to solve the ISDN issue.
>
> It seems quite nasty to get such a combination running with box like LEAF.
> I had exactly one ISDN phone, though a nice one I have to say in hindsight,
> and decided to go solely with VOIP phone(s).

<snip>
You are right in your case, of course, BUT I have a 12 phone ISDN
exchange here (my wife's Veterinary practice) which has all analogue
phones wired to it and to have to change all that would not be nice.
Just the cabling would be a horror (old buildings etc.).
Thus, I want an ISDN S0 bus (which the Fritz should provide).
Again, many thanks for your very welcome suggestions,

Bob

--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.