On 30/03/16 16:08, Erich Titl wrote:
> Hi Bob
>
> Am 30.03.2016 um 15:54 schrieb Bob von Knobloch:
>> Perhaps a clue,

>> I don't know where the error message originates, but it seems to point
>> at misconfiguration of eth0 (i.e. my problem).
>
> It looks like it, but it is not obvious
>
> I would try first to delete the whole eth0 stanza and copy the eth1
> stanza (renaming and assigning addresses of course)
> Leave the gateway definition away to start with.
>
> then run ifdown eth0; ifup eth0
>
>> What are the minimum packages I must load to get a running box that
>> routes (no shorewall, iptables etc)?
>
>> Maybe I can start there and add packages?
>
> This should not be necessary, but you can start commenting stuff in leaf.cfg
OK, I had already tried this (in case of any non-printing chars hidden
in the file. Nevertheless I've done exactly as you suggest. Doesn't help BUT
at least the ifup command gives the error message:

brandmauer# ifup eth0
Error: either "local" is duplicate, or "/24" is a garbage.
RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable
brandmauer#

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Bob
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.