HI Mansoor;

Am Montag, 20. März 2017, 09:16:45 schrieb Mansoor Ahmad:
> Hello Everyone.
>
> In brief I have had a few years now working with leaf and its many
> packages. In our camp, we typically used the old floppy, cd disk setup
> with the Bering-uClibc distribution. We are now trying to boot from the
> hdd. After having some initial problems with the network cards swapping
> drivers, and a few other minor issues, we are now trying to get our vpn
> setup on this new box with the latest Bering-uClibc distribution. My
> questions are as follows and thank you guys in advanced for aiding me
> indeed:
>
> 1. How do we get openvpnz on this box? Once I get the box online, is
> there a certain command similar to 'apt-get install' I can use that'll
> automatically grab the package from is repository?

No, there is no such command. You should have openvpnz.lrp on the (iso) image,
tarball whatever you've downloaded from leaf.sourceforge.net. Add it to your
hdd, if it' not already there, add "openvpnz" to the LRP line  in leaf.cfg and
reboot. Pls be aware you also need to add "tun" module to /etc/modules and
save the configuration via lrcfg to load the module during boot.

There has been a discussion on this list how to create keys recently, it may
help. You may also find some help here

https://bering-uclibc.zetam.org/wiki/Main_Page

Look for the appropriate User Guide (note: the 6.0 USer Guide still has some
empty chapters).

> 2. I copied the keys over to a windows laptop. Traditionally opening a
> notepad file in windows, then placing it on a floppy within leaf has
> caused many problems with the placement of periods through out the file.
> Is that the same case with the new distributions.

AFAIK yes; though the main problem is the handling of linefeed (CR/LF).

> 3. Is there a place I can demo the mconf-httpd/ui of a leaf distribution
> anywhere? We've always used the cli.

I'm not aware of any- and I stick with the CLI, esp for more advanced tasks.

hth
kp