Hello Sadam, List,

> Le 29 mai 2017 à 12:32, sadam <sa...@wa.onet.pl> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> I have leaf uClibc firewall. At home. With two net interfaces. So I have:
>

> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> and
> iface eth1 inet static.
>
> And I have two MAC numbers, of course. Let's say MAC1 and MAC2.
> After starting my machine i have:
>
> eth0 with MAC1 and
> eth1 with MAC2.
>
> Sometimes. Because sometimes I have:
>
> eth0 with MAC2 and
> eth1 with MAC1.
>
> I don't know why.
Well as Erich says it is a known issue, my pentium motherboards were doing that
too, which is very very bad !… but there is an undocumented fix for this, that
works very well. You asked for a newbe explanation so here is one:

you have to load the “ bbnameif.lrp “ package, by adding it in your list of
packages to load in leaf.cfg, like ( LRP="root license local bbnameif dhcpcd
keyboard shorwall shorwall6 dnsmasq dropbear mhttpd bbntpd heyu wakelan openssl
webconf curl”). Once done, edit /etc/mactab.tmp with temporary named nic, like:

eth0a  aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff  #(MAC1…)
eth1a  gg:hh:ii:jj:kk:ll       #(MAC2…)

and in /etc/mactab, you put your final choice:

eth0   aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
eth1   gg:hh:ii:jj:kk:ll

and save your config with “ lrcfg s) " or use the web interface “ Backup
Packages “. This worked for me…

have fun
jrb.