On Fri, 2 Jan 2009, Rob Seaman wrote:

> Mean solar time is highly regular and elegantly simple.

Compared to our clocks it's too irregular.

> Civil timekeeping (even under the ITU proposal) is about the underlying
> diurnal period.

What does atomic time have to do with the position of the Earth?

I find it odd that you are arguing that the mathematical model of the
earth's orbit and rotation is more real than the observations from which
the model is derived.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
SOLE LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA SHANNON: EASTERLY OR SOUTHEASTERLY 5 TO 7,