Markus Kuhn scripsit:

> As I noted earlier, de facto and "de jure" (meaning POSIX.1:1996,
> section 2.2.2.113), any real world Unix file system (and that's where
> the term "seconds since the epoch" comes from in this context) uses a
> timestamp that counts "non-leap seconds since the epoch".
>
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/posix-2-2-2-113.pdf

That page shows a definition of the term "seconds since the Epoch", viz.
"[a] value to be interpreted as the number of seconds between a specified
time and the Epoch."

Well, it may be "to be interpreted" as such a value, but it is *not* such
a value.  As of this writing, its value on my machine is 1043944376, but
that does not mean, or so it seems, that 1043944376 s have elapsed since
the Epoch.

--
De plichten van een docent zijn divers,         John Cowan
die van het gehoor ook.                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]