Tom Van Baak wrote on 2003-02-16 02:25 UTC:
> http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/investigation/timeline/index.html
>
> I've been reading a lot of NASA pages on the shuttle
> recently and was reminded once again that NASA
> seems to use "GMT" instead of "UTC" to label their
> timelines. Do any of you know why?

Probably mostly for US domestic media convenience. :-( The average US
journalist might be slightly more likely to have heard of GMT than of
Universal Time.

[Similarly, these pages use Flintstone units everywhere (Fahrenheit
instead of Celsius for temperatures; feet instead of meters; etc.)]

Markus

--
Markus Kuhn, Computer Lab, Univ of Cambridge, GB
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ | __oo_O..O_oo__