Markus Kuhn scripsit:

> Which reminds me of the obvious set of solutions to the problem that
> nobody at Torino even dared to mention:

I propagated this message to another mailing list, and received this reply:

< Nah. You don't have to get that drastic.  Studies have shown that
< fresh-water reservoirs affect the earth's spin.  Want to slow it down?
< Pump more water uphill!  Speed it up?  Move the water to Death Valley!
< It's only water.  It's only desert.  Who could complain! ;-)

Pumped-storage facilities could serve as pilot plants for this effort.

--
John Cowan  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
"If he has seen farther than others,