Rob Seaman said:
> No reasonable standard can be based on constraining the behavior of our
> descendants 600 years hence.

In what way is the requirement "|DUT| <= 0.9s" not "constraining the
behaviour of our descendants 600 years hence"?

While I understand your argument about the name UTC:
* *EVERY* approach requires constraining the behaviour of our descendants
  600 years hence, just in different ways;
* "Universal" Time is a *really* stupid name for a time scale based on
  the variable rotations of one small piece of rock.

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937