John.Cowan said:
>> "GMT" is, unfotunately, widely used to mean the time in Britain
>> during winter.
>
> Indeed, it is sometimes used to mean that even in the summer.  There was
> some confusion in my company last year about a teleconference scheduled in
> "GMT" which turned out to actually refer to British Summer Time.

Microsoft *spit* Outlook calendar management talks about "GMT Daylight
Savings Time" or some such idiocy. Every spring I respond to the first
appointment request from my boss with "so do you want to meet at 10:00 GMT
or 10:00 BST?".

--
Clive D.W. Feather  | Work:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   | Tel:    +44 20 8495 6138
Internet Expert     | Home:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | Fax:    +44 870 051 9937