      From:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      Subject:        RE: [LEAPSECS] a system that fails spectacularly
      Date:   December 12, 2005 11:41:35 AM MST

Hello Rob,

You may post my Email reply on your list. I'm not sure if it helps
or hurts
your argument, but go ahead if you like.

We have many products that are regulated by the USCG, FCC, FAA,
COSPAS-SARSAT, as well as IMO (International Maritime Organization).
Regulations seem to be forever in a state of flux, and we need to stay
vigilant in order to keep our products in spec. One thing holds
true, we
will not release an update or a new model until it is proven. The
last thing
we want to do is rush a software patch to the field that will
compromise the
performance of our equipment.

Regards,

Chris Wahler