In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ed Davies writes:
>Not strictly on topic but probably of interest - a Bill in the UK House of
>Lords which I just came across when looking for something else:
>
>   http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200506/ldbills/048/06048.1-i.html
>
>> A Bill To
>>

>> Advance time by one hour throughout the year for an experimental period;
>>

>> and for connected purposes.
>
>Well, at least we'd be in sync with most of the rest of the EC.  Don't know
>if it'll get anywhere, of course.

That one has been festering for a number of years, I heard about it
first time back in 1990 or so.  The scotts are absolutely livid about
the entire notion and I belive the welch are not too happy either.

Now that EU got extended way east I think everybody expected the
silly notion of "one timezone for all of EU" to die a rapid death
but that might just wishfull thinking.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956