In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Bunclark writes:
>On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>Research-quality telescopes, in particular all the ones built in the last
>few decades on alt-azimuth mounts, do of course use UT1; a 0.9s error
>would be a complex ~10 arcsec error in both axes and give a quite useless
>pointing performance.  However, UTC is often used as a UT1 delivery
>system;

It sounds to me like BIPM ought to make an Internet service available
which will deliver UT1 to astronomers in a timely fashion ?

Something as simple as

        finger [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Or even just a more stringent formatting of the bulletins on the ftp
site could do it as well.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956