In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Peter Bunclark writes:
>On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>>
>> I don't think anybody dare even think about redefining POSIX time_t
>
>I wish people would stop making positive assertions about what other
>people are bound to think.  What you mean in is, YOU are against
>suggesting changing (or augmenting) POSIX time.

No, I mean exactly what I wrote: "I don't think anybody dare even
think about redefining POSIX time_t"

The reason I mean that is that I've talked to a lot of the relevant
people and they're all totally morified about the consequences
of (time_t % 86400) not giving you the time of day.

Remember, most of these people are even afraid to extend time_t to
64 bits because of the possible fall-out :-(

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956