Warner Losh objects:

There are several doughty people here who happen to have that opinion, but they abide with us mortals outside the time lords' hushed inner sanctum.

I have spent much time explaining why leap seconds cause real problems in real applications, only to be insulted like this.

Sincere apologies for my awkward statement.  Dictionary.com defines "doughty" as "marked by stouthearted courage; brave".  I wasn't questioning the knowledge or passion of folks holding views that differ from my own.  Rather I was attempting to question whether anybody actively participating on this list - holding whatever view - is also participating in ITU discussions.

I see that Mr. Cowan has also parsed my admittedly opaque remarks.

Rob
NOAO