Ashley Yakeley scripsit:

> Rubber seconds are appropriate because we have rubber days. People
> who need absolute time have their own timescale based on some
> absolute unit (the SI "second"), but to everyone else, the second is
> a fraction of the day.

Well, okay.  Does the rubberiness go down all the way?  Is a civil
nanosecond one-billionth of a civil second, then?  If so, how do we
build clocks that measure these intervals?

--
One art / There is                      John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
No less / No more                       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan