On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Rob Seaman wrote:

> I'm wondering whether the clock discipline might better emphasize
> only frequency in such circumstances, as opposed to merely tempering
> the PLL.

I think that if you only correct the frequency of a clock then each time
the frequency makes a deviation (e.g. because of temperature changes) you
will accumulate a phase error, and if there's a bias in frequency
deviations then the phase error will increase over time and become a
long-term frequency error.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://dotat.at/
ROCKALL MALIN HEBRIDES: WEST OR SOUTHWEST 7 TO SEVERE GALE 9, OCCASIONALLY