Hauke Mehrtens <ha...@hauke-m.de> writes:
> On 05/09/2016 10:19 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>
>> How do you ensure that they use the code only like you intended after you
>> donated it?
> This copyright notice is useless. The copyright will stay at the
> individual author. At least in Germany it would not be possible for me
> to give the copyright to OpenWrt or LEDE as OpenWrt and LEDE do not pay
> me based on the hours I work, or in any other way.

OK, that makes sense.  But it makes me wonder even more about the
reasons for putting that misleading copyright statement there.  It would
be less confusing if you just named the project without the "Copyright"
prefix.

> As the copyright is owned by the individual authors I do not see a
> problem, just bad documentation. The OpenWrt trade mark is owned by SPI.

Yes, the docs are bad.  I for one will certainly believe whatever a
copyright statement says, although as you point out, it doesn't have any
legal meaning.

>> I think maybe a FAQ entry regarding copyright assignment would be
>> nice. I am very confused by this.  And a bit scared.  But maybe I'm
>> alone there?
>
> I will add this.

Thanks.  And thanks a lot for taking the time to explain these things.

Bjørn