On 24 May 2016 at 22:31, Hauke Mehrtens <ha...@hauke-m.de> wrote:
> As it looks like the IRC meeting will not happen, because not so big
> interest by the people not already involved in LEDE and problems finding
> a time, lets discuss on the mailing list like suggested by Jow.
>
> Currently it looks like only Luka is working on OpenWrt as he committed
> many patches from LEDE to OpenWrt, which is fine.
>
> What will happen to the OpenWrt project? To me it looks like nobody
> except Luka is interested in working on OpenWrt. Are there any plans to
> continue the OpenWrt project or will it just die, only nobody wants to
> say it?
> Currently this is a bad situation for people that want to contribute
> patches because they do not exactly know were to contribute, some post
> them just to both list which is probably the best solution for the time
> we do not have a real solution.
>
> I do not plan to contribute much to OpenWrt any more and I do not know
> if I can commit anything any more, at least it looks like I was kicked
> from the openwrt-hackers mailing list without informing me.
>

> I would like to see a reunion of LEDE and OpenWrt, so do any of the non
> LEDE but OpenWrt core devs have any problems with the LEDE rules and so on?

I'll speak for myself.

I feel more comfortable with LEDE:
1) Rules are straight there
2) No single people controlling infrastructure and refusing to help
3) No decisions made behind the doors
That will make me focus on LEDE. Of course this is open source world,
OpenWrt can pick my changes.

*However* I'd like to maintain 15.05 OpenWrt branch for some time (few
months?). Unfortunately I feel unsure about my access to OpenWrt repo
in the future. First some @openwrt.org e-mails were deleted/disabled.
That made me ask about my commiting permissions:
[2016-05-05] [14:41:32] <rmilecki> [mbm]: Kaloz: can we still commit to OpenWrt?
[2016-05-05] [14:45:28] <wigyori> as far as I know you can
[2016-05-05] [16:21:09] <matteo> rmilecki: yes
it looked fine, but few days later I was kicked out of
openwrt-hackers@ mailing list silently.

I really would like to have a straight message from whoever takes
these decisions at OpenWrt. What are your plans? Do you want me/us to
stop contributing to OpenWrt?

--
Rafał