Hi Jo,

Agreed. I didn't have the limited resources on mind when I wrote that. Was brought to my attention on IRC.

Cheers.

Regards,
A. Benz

On 08/22/16 15:59, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
Hi Ash,

Perhaps a future version of GCC will have this changed.

Keep them as they are, whether they are aliases (at this point) or not
is irrelevant. If GCC has them as targets they should be used.

Resources are precious and IMHO there's no point in building dozens of
gigabytes of identical binaries just for the sake of it. If a future gcc
version truly emits optimized code, then we can consider switching it back.

~ Jo