Rafał Miłecki  <zaj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are some (rare) devices with a button for disabling LEDs
> (e.g. ASUS RT-AC68U). I'm looking for a way to support such a
> feature. Maybe at some point we could also support it as an
> extra feature triggerable from UI.
> So basically I probably need to add some smart /etc/rc.button/
> handler. Unfortunately I don't have a good idea for that.
> I can't relay on /etc/config/system and LEDs there as not all
> of them are specified there. Many LEDs don't require changing
> and they are set to default state based on platform/DT data.
> So I guess I should somehow store state of all LEDs from
> /sys/class/leds/ and set their triggers to "none". When
> receiving KEY_BRIGHTNESS_ZERO I should restore the state.
> Any tips for implementing this? There are various triggers with
> various extra settings in /sys/class/leds/*/

Related, even with leds set in /etc/config/system, their triggers
aren't setup until S96. How can they get setup earlier? I've got
a daemon that wants a led trigger file to be passed in for it to
write to on activity, but the triggers aren't set. Is
/etc/config/system ever actually useful for leds?

Karl Palsson

Lede-dev mailing list