On Tue, 2017-01-17 at 09:32 -0800, David Lang wrote:
> currently new users (for some definition of 'new', I have 63 posts starting
> within a day or two of when the forum was created) are limited to 3 replies in
> topic.
>
> This limit is really easy to hit in a technical discussion and is going to
> drive
> people to create extra topics to work around the limitation.
>

> example error message via e-mail:
>
> We're sorry, but your email message to
> ["forum+reply-83162f79a9a8b8efaf1a2e8dae533...@lede-project.org"] (titled Re:
> [LEDE Project
> Forum] [Installing and Using LEDE] Wlan 2.4/5Ghz to slow fpr 1080p/60fps?)
> didn't work.
>
> Reason:
>
> We're sorry, but new users are temporarily limited to 3 replies in the same
> topic.
>
> If you can correct the problem, please try again.
>

> David Lang

Yes, we could increase that limit - However, do you need to add more than 3
replies in a row to a single topic before some else replies to it. You could
more easily just edit/append to one of your existing replies.

See discussion at:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/why-is-there-a-topic-reply-limit-for-new-users/1151
3

/ted