Hi,

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:23 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
<jordi.pa...@consulintel.es> wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I believe you’re the maintainer of 464XLAT. I want to do demonstrations of
> OpenWRT/LEDE in scenarios where you run out of IPv4 addresses for the WAN
> links.
>
> Sorry to write you directly, but I’ve been trying for many hours to find more
> info as I’m not succeeding to configure a CLAT to work in a very simple
> scenario.
I've added LEDE development mailing list in CC as the info could be
usefull for other persons who're trying to use 464xlat

> The main problem is that I don’t know what are the parameters needed in the
> network file.
The 464xlat feature is currently broken on LEDE as the 464xlat netifd
logic have been reverted
(https://git.lede-project.org/?p=project/netifd.git;a=commit;h=39d9ceeb96162a83a3f5fa63e6aaa1ccb38caa62)
as it changed the default behavior of user ip rules in unexpected
ways. This can easily be checked by the ip rule list cmd as it should
contain a rule to the prelocal table.

> My scenario is quite simple. I’ve a virtual machine with Ubuntu running a
> DNS64 with bind9 and NAT64 with Jool. This has been tested and is working.
>
> In the router where I want to run CLAT, I’ve:
>
> 1) WAN interface configured only with an IPv6 address (and of course I’ve
> checked that I can ping from here to the DNS/NAT64 and Internet with IPv6).
> 2) LAN interface with an IPv6 prefix /64, an IPv4 /24 (private), and DHCP and
> SLAAC running. I can ping with both IPv4 and IPv6 to the router.
>
> I tried both with Luci and editing the network file.
>
> I don’t understand what it means tunlink (is it the WAN with only IPv6
> interface?). Should I configure additional addresses for the CLAT? According
> the 464XLAT RFC I need 3 IPv6/prefixes (WAN/LAN/translation).
tunlink is indeed the logical interface on which the 464xlat interface
depends; in this case it's the IPv6 wan interface

> By the way, for the NAT64, I’m using the standard prefix 64:ff9b::/96.
>
> Do I need to do any special configuration in the rest of the interfaces or
> the firewall to make it work?
You need to specify to which firewall zone the 464xlat interface
belongs via the zone UCI parameter; usually this is the wan zone

> I hope you have a sample configuration for the network and firewall files
> that I can understand what I’m doing wrong or missing. It may be something
> really silly but I’m unable to see it.

First you need to verify if you're using a build which still supports
464xlat otherwise even with a correct config it won't work ...

Hans